FPGA based Mandlebrot set generator

Mandlebrot Set Generator As I said in my last post, I implemented a Mandlebrot set generator in my STM32. Even though it was running at 64MHz, generating the set took a fair bit of time, slow enough to not even maximise the fully available SDRAM capacity at the time. At this point, I decided to […]

uHMCU FPGA Implementation

Having already designed the microcontroller in a simulation environment, I wanted to take it to the implementation phase. I’d previously shown an implementation of a timer in simulation so keeping the same test program, I wanted to make sure it worked in implementation! Firstly, I decided to replace the simulation ROM and RAM for IP […]

SSD1306 VHDL FPGA Implementation

I’ve been reading up as much VHDL as possible these last few days as I’ve recently found out that the majority of my summer is going to consist of writing it! After seeing loads of implementations for HD44780 16×2 character based LCDs, I couldn’t find any examples for the easy to get LCDs (by easy, […]