TAMI Part 3: Kinematic and FEA Simulation

For once, I have actually decided to be proactive regards to actually writing software (shock horror!). I decided as I’m going to be using a PI for this project, I should probably learn Python finally. It also gave me a good reason to figure using FEA within FreeCAD, something I’ve been meaning to do for […]

TAMI Part 2: Bone Design

The main part of this project has been designing a suitable bone capable of being 3D printed. The preface to this project can be found here. My first bone design was completely from scratch with no prior thought into what it would respond like. I came up with this design solely to get some 3D […]

SSD1306 Power Consumption

Preface I’m currently doing a project that uses a tiny SSD1306 based OLED display. I’ve searched all over the internet but couldn’t actually find any data on current measurements done by people so I thought I’d do a couple and put them up here! The OLED I’m using is a standard 128×64 pixel version that […]

Anthrophex – Update 8-10-17

Its been a ton of time since I last did any updates on the ol’ human sized hexapod! I finally decided to go for dedicated motor controller ICs (Allegro A4950) as opposed to a discrete solution. These chips were pretty expensive (~£27 for the entire board…) driven by an STM32F030 once again generating software PWM. […]