Today was payday (Wahoo!), meaning I can buy some really cool and potentially pointless electronic goods to mess around with!
I lie, I bought some before payday but shhhhh. My (not so) extensive list of stuff involves:
- 128×64 LCD based on the ST7920 controller (http://goo.gl/CIoVSk)
- OV7670 omnivision VGA sensor (http://goo.gl/oJUF4o)
- A new EPM240 CPLD board (http://goo.gl/eG75te)
- ADXL335 analog accelerometer – this is most likely to be the first blog post! The actual module name is GY-61 (http://goo.gl/MHH4gN)
- GY-GPS6MV2 GPS module – supposedly easy to interface through USART (http://goo.gl/kKRCxk)
- Some ICL7660SCPAZ CMOS voltage converters (Datasheet: http://goo.gl/oN3Qro – eBay: http://goo.gl/cSdJLP)
- DHT22 humidity and temperature sensor – An improvement over my current DHT11! (http://goo.gl/oeL0s4)
- MC34063 converter IC’s – used in buck, boost, buck boost and inverting voltage converters! Dave at EEVBlog does a great video on design using one of these chips – http://youtu.be/qGp82xhybs4 (http://goo.gl/DURHuh)
- ENC28J60 ethernet module – I don’t even know what I’m going to do with this one! (http://goo.gl/2D42bP)
- A 40x40mm Peltier Tec, I want to have a go at making a thermoelectric generator (this links with the two power converter IC buys! – http://goo.gl/5gDnn3)
- A CH340G USB FTDI Serial adapter – I can finally get with of that PL2303 piece of crap! (http://goo.gl/cim6uF)
Note, the above eBay links will eventually expire!
I’m hoping to buy a new DSO soon so keep reading to hear about my epic adventure through electronic boredom!